Business Permits & Licenses

There are a variety of permits and licenses available from the City of Hastings. Use the list below to find out where to get the permit you need.

Building & Construction Permits
The Department of Development Services provides information regarding building and construction permits.

Fireworks Permits
An application to sell fireworks may be obtained at the City Clerk's Office or online. Completed applications must be submitted to the City Clerk's Office.

Liquor License
Applications relating to liquor licenses may be obtained through the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission or downloaded. Council approval is required.

Pawnbroker's License
Application for a Pawnbroker License may be obtained at the City Clerk's Office with all permits expiring on April 30 following the date of their issue.

Tobacco License
Applications for Tobacco Licenses may be obtained by the City Clerk's Office. The Tobacco License fee is $15 ($7.50 for licenses issued after July 1).

Zoning Permits
Find information on Subdivision Code, Zoning Code and Planning Applications for development using the links below.

Burn Permits
Burn permits can be obtained on-line or at Station 1, 1313 N Hastings Ave, Monday through Friday from 8 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 5 pm.