Permits & Licenses

Here you will find information about the following permits/licenses:

Fireworks Permit

Download Fireworks Permit Application

View Approved Fireworks Permits for 2017

Applications for Fireworks Permits may be obtained at the City Clerk's Office or are available online. Completed applications must be submitted to the City Clerk's Office for approval by the Building Official, the Fire Chief, and Hastings Utilities. Partially completed applications will not be accepted. Each location requires a separate application and permit with the deadline for submission of applications to sell fireworks being June 15 of each year.

The following information is required to accompany all completed Fireworks Permit Applications:

  • Provide detailed site plan showing accurate scaled dimensions of the location of the fireworks stand and storage faciltiy in relation to the boundaries of the premises and other structures.  All tents shall have their location marked on an aerial view identifying utility locations.
  • Letter of permission from the owner of the property on which proposed fireworks stand will be located.
  • Copy of State of Nebraska License for Sale of Fireworks.
  • Copy of Certificate of Flame Resistance for tent stands.
  • Proof of a valid liablity insurance policy of at least two million dollars ($2,000,000.00) naming the City of Hastings as an additional insured party.

Upon approval, a $300 permit fee is required.

It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to familarize himself/herself with state laws and city ordinances relating to the sale of fireworks as well as contacting Digger's Hotline (811) to have underground services located PRIOR to tent stand placement.

Review Hastings City Code Chapter 13 Article 5 regarding Fireworks Permits.

back to top


Handicap Parking Permit

Applications for Handicap Parking Permits may be obtained by your medical professional or downloaded from the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles at Your Nebraska licensed medical professional (physician, physician's assistant or nurse practitioner) may submit your request online. If your medical professional is not licensed to provide medical services in Nebraska you may download an application and mail it to the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles with proof of identification. For more details please see the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles.

back to top


Liquor Licensing

Applications relating to liquor licenses may be obtained through the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission, P.O. Box 95046, Lincoln, NE 68509-5046; phone number (402) 471-2571; fax number (402) 471-2814; or downloaded at Council approval is required, with licenses being issued by the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission. Local fees for new liquor licenses will be prorated based on date license is obtained from the City Clerk.

Applications for Special Designated Licenses may downloaded at Applications require a $40 per day fee payable to the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission and a $40 per day fee payable to the City of Hastings for applicants not holding a Catering License in the City of Hastings. Applications must be received by the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission 10 working days prior to the date of the event.

Current liquor license renewal fees within the City of Hastings are as follows:

# of Licenses Class of Liquor Licenses School/State Occupation Tax Advertising Total
1 Class "A" Beer-On Sale Only $100.00 $200.00 $10.00 $310.00
4 Class "B" Beer-Off Sale Only $100.00 $200.00 $10.00 $310.00
32 Class "C" Spirits, Wine, Beer-On & Off Sale $300.00 $600.00 $10.00 $910.00
3 Class "C" Club Spirits, Wine, Beer-On & Off Sale $300.00 $100.00 $10.00 $410.00
15 Class "D" Spirits, Wine, Beer-Off Sale Only $200.00 $400.00 $10.00 $610.00
10 Class "I" Spirits, Wine, Beer-On Sale Only $250.00 $500.00 $10.00 $760.00
2 Class "L" Craft Brewery (Brew Pub) $0.00 $500.00 $10.00 $510.00
13 Catering $0.00 $200.00 $10.00 $210.00

Last Updated 8/2017

back to top


Pawnbrokers License

Application for a Pawnbroker License may be obtained at the City Clerk's Office with all permits expiring on April 30 following the date of their issue.

The following information is required to accompany all completed Pawnbroker License applications:

  • Bond to City of Hastings in the sum of $5,000.
  • Corporate applicants must attach a copy of Articles of Incorporation and list of officers and shareholders.
  • Permit Fee: $50 annual

back to top


Tobacco License

Applications for Tobacco Licenses may be obtained by the City Clerk's Office. The Tobacco License fee is $15, and Tobacco Licenses issued after July 1 of any calendar year are $7.50 with all Tobacco Licenses expiring on December 31 following the date of their issue.

back to top

Contact Us

City of Hastings Administrative Services
220 North Hastings Avenue
Hastings, NE 68901
(402) 461-2309