Resident Permits & Licenses

There are a variety of permits and licenses available from the City of Hastings. Use the list below to find out where to get the permit you need.

Bicycle Registration
City bike licenses are required by city code on all bikes operated in the city limits and are available for free from the Hastings Police Department.

Boating Permit
All boats must display a current Lake Hastings boat permit. Permits are available at Park & Recreation Office at 2015 W 3rd St.

Building & Construction Permits
The Department of Development Services provides information regarding building and construction permits.

Handicap Parking Permit
Applications for Handicap Parking Permits may be obtained by your medical professional or downloaded from the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles.

Pet License
Dog and Cat licenses are available at the Hastings Police Department. Please bring current proof of rabies vaccination.

Zoning Permit
Find information on Subdivision Code, Zoning Code and Planning Applications from the Development Services department.

Burn Permit
Burn permits can be obtained on-line or at Station 1, 1313 N Hastings Ave, Monday through Friday from 8 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 5 pm.

Candle Permit
Candle permits are obtained at the Highland Park Fire Station 1313 N. Hastings Avenue Mon – Fri 8-12 & 1-5.  They are issued for the day of the event only and are free of charge.