lOOKING FOR A REWARDING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE COMMUNITY?
Consider a career in law enforcement with Hastings Police Department. Although the work is tough, law enforcement is a highly rewarding career providing a vital service to the community. When arriving at work, police officers need to be ready to respond to the public's needs and emergencies. Strong social skills, the ability to think and communicate clearly in stressful situations, and getting along with co-workers are very necessary attributes to possess in order to have and enjoy a successful career in law enforcement. If you enjoy helping others,staying fit, and making a difference in your community then this is absolutely the career for you.
Each agency recruit goal-oriented candidates with strong character, integrity and ethics and morality. Great career opportunities are available for men and women who wish to pursue a proud, challenging, rewarding and stable career as a professional police officer.
ABOUT THE JOB
The department operates out of our station located at 317 S. Burlington Avenue.
The department consists of 44 full-time employees and 2 part-time employees. There are 38 officers serving in a variety of assignments including patrol, investigations, community relations, and school resource officer.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess the mental, physical, and medical health necessary to adequately perform the duties of a police officer.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Nebraska Driver's License without record of suspension in any state.
- Ability to pass an in-depth background investigation. Felony convictions or disqualifying criminal histories within the past seven years are not allowed.
- Must be able to pass the Test of Adult Basic Education (reading and writing test).
- Must be a United States Citizen.
WE ARE HIRING!! Please visit http://www.cityofhastings.org/departments/human-resources/job-openings/full-time-positions/police-officer.html for more information and to apply.
Hastings, NE 68901