Burn & Candle Permits

Burn Permit

Click here for the fire protection city code.  (307 refers to open burning)

City of Hastings Residents

This is an application form only.  Please allow two business days for review and approval of your application.  You will receive a valid permit by email to the email address provided.  If unable to approve your permit, you will receive an explanation by email.  Application for On-Line Burn Permit 

Burn permits can be obtained at Station 1, 1313 N Hastings Ave,  Monday through Friday from 8 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 5 pm.  Permits are issued for 30 days with a permit fee of $10.00.  Hours allowed for burning within the city limits are Tuesdays & Thursday 8 am – 7 pm and Saturdays noon – 7 pm.  

Residents Residing Outside of City Limits

If you have questions concerning a rural burn permit contact Nathan Hamik at (402) 984-5907 or Joseph Pittz at (402)984-4529.   

Candle Permit

Candle permits are obtained at the Station 1, 1313 N Hastings Ave, Monday through Friday, 8 am -12 pm and 1 pm - 5 pm.  They are issued for the day of the event only and are free of charge. 

When obtaining a candle permit, bring one of each type of candle arrangement, including the candle and the candle holder. The flame must be enclosed in glass and the candle must be on a sturdy base. Permits can be obtained anytime up to the day before the event but it is recommended that they be obtained sooner in case the candle arrangement does not meet the necessary criteria.